Geotec S.p.A. plans and designs industrial and residential buildings as well as infrastructure such as roads, bridges and tunnels and follows the project from its early stages through to the final planning and design.
The feasibility of the project, structural calculations, site management and organization, budgetary needs, renovations and restorations, general and emergency maintenance, structural assessments, preservation and redevelopment, changes in intended use of a building and static testing are all part of planning and design.
Project planning is widely applicable and includes:
- Structural behaviour and subsequent analysis of 2D and 3D systems susceptible to general actions including seismic activity.
- Presentation of appropriate solutions according to the type and use made of the project structure or infrastructure.
- Outline of suitable forms of foundation work connected to operational and economical problems.
Geotec S.p.A. is also specialised in seismic risk assessment through the use of mathematical calculations -static and dynamic, linear and non linear analysis - according to recent Italian codes.
The following services can be offered by Geotec S.p.A.:
- Inspection and assessment of concrete, steel, reinforced concrete and masonry buildings in order to check earthquake safety levels.
- Inspection and assessment of bridges and other civil engineering structures in order to check earthquake safety levels.
- Consideration and subsequent presentation of possible solutions regarding the improvement of earthquake safety levels.
Geotec S.p.A. examines buildings, bridges and other civil engineering structures according to the following stages:
- Gathering of existing data
- Geological, geognostic and geophysical investigations carried out on the structure and on the foundation soil in order to determine the characteristics and essential features of the building
- Structural monitoring through the use of destructive and non-destructive testing
- Processing of gathered data, vulnerability assessment and summary of results obtained
- Research into possible solutions aimed at improving earthquake safety levels.